Booking Terms & Conditions
(The not so small print)
All deposits are non refundable / transferable
Check In: 14.30 – 23.00
Check Out: 08.00 – 11.00
Cancellation Policy – The Scafell Hotel Ltd reserves the right to levy cancellation charges on the following basis:
- 7 days prior to your arrival date 50% of the booking value.
- 48 hours prior to your arrival date 100% of the booking value.
You are strongly advised to take out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation.
The above cancellation policy only applies to direct bookings with the hotel, not 3rd party bookings where different cancellation policies may apply.
Rate Warning: Please note that, like flights, ferries and car hire, hotel prices can change according to supply and demand. Once booked, rates are non-transferable to any other offers or rates. You may sometimes find a cheaper rate later, but you risk there not being any room left at the inn !.
Well trained Dogs are welcome with responsible owners. There is a charge of £6.00 per Dog per night. Dogs are not allowed in the fine dining restaurant.
We ask that the Dogs should not be allowed on the beds and we reserve the right to charge for any damage caused and to levy a cleaning charge for any extra work incurred for our team of Housekeepers. i.e. if your Dog has been on the beds or if they have slept on the carpets.
Please bring your own Dog bed as these are not provided.
Whilst we would prefer not to provide this service we appreciate that some guests may want to bring their own wine & spirits to the hotel for consumption. With this in mind we will charge the following;
Wine £10.00 per bottle (750ml)
Sparkling / Champagne £20.00 per bottle (750ml)
Spirits £45.00 per bottle (700ml)
Weddings & Group Bookings
- All accounts will be settled on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
- In the event of the cancellation of the booking the following charges will apply:
- 16 weeks notice or less – 75 % of the estimated booking value
- 6 weeks notice or less – 100 % of the estimated booking value
- All prices are subject to change without any prior notice.
- A written confirmation is required for all bookings.
- A £1500 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit will accompany all bookings.
- Final reception cost to be paid in full 6 weeks prior to the event.
- The deposit secures the date booking only and does not guarantee the price any changes would be advised.
- Final numbers will be required 7 days prior to the event. This number, or the actual number attending, whichever is the greater, is the number charged for.
- All entertainment & bar facilities will finish at 12.30 am unless otherwise arranged.
- We do offer cancellation insurance please ask for details.